ISIC have helped a wide range of interational schools prepare for a formal inspection including under the British Schools Overseas (BSO) framework and a wide range of national level inspection regimes. We can also draw on the experience and expertise of our partner company the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) who are oneof the few statutory providers of BSO inspections for hundreds of schools worldwide.
We work with you to understand your precise requirements and the inspection framework you wish to prepare for before selecting an expert team of international inspector consultants suited to your school's phase, size and geographic location.
Our approach is designed to mirror that of a formal inspection and deliver an expert review designed to ensure you are well prepared for a formal inspection. A typical Inspection Readiness Review includes the following sequence of activities.
- Preparation and planning: This phase would involve the careful planning and preparation of the visit and consultancy support by the project manager and Lead Consultant and signed off by you to ensure it meets with your expectations and exact requirements. This phase would include identifying the specific inspection framework you wish to prepare for and the tailoring of the approach accordingly.
- Preparation contact: This phase is to ensure that the team can tailor the visit and support with a comprehensive knowledge and awareness of the school itself as well as come prepared with the right key lines of enquiry and understanding of your precise position. This can take the form of a visit, a series of phone calls or a Skype call.
- Team briefing and planning: Following the preparation visit the team will share and agree observations and initial thoughts on key lines of enquiry for the visit and period of support and refine the plan accordingly.
- Consultancy visit: The consultancy visit itself will consist of approx. 3-4 days incorporating lesson observation, work scrutniy, policy reviews and pupil and staff interviews conducted by our team and coordinated by the Lead Consultant to ensure quality. This visit would be closely aligned to the inspection framework and regime you wish to prepare for.
- Report writing: A detailed report will then be written up. This will draw on the practical findings of the review coupled with a broad range of experience and expertise from the wider ISIC team. It will also be peer reviewed by a different senior Inspector Consultant before sign-off.