A comprehensive one-day seminar for those working with able, gifted and talented pupils in maintained and independent schools. Focusing on the teaching and learning of academically more able pupils, we consider their characteristics and needs as learners, and explore ways of enlivening and accelerating their learning in and out of the classroom, including use of technology and other resources. We look at different perspectives on supporting these pupils, ways of tailoring provision to their individual needs and approaches to monitoring achievement and progress, including ISI inspection considerations. Discover the most effective ways of optimizing the learning experience of the able, gifted and talented in your school so that you’re placed well to enhance the educational outcomes for these pupils.
Suitable for: Staff and senior managers with an interest in supporting more able pupils, this seminar relates to paragraph 1 of the ISSR.
1. The characteristics and needs of more able pupils
2. The national and international perspective
3. Tailoring provision in terms of pupils’ views, planning lessons and pupils’ experience beyond the classroom
4. The thinking classroom: asking questions, adding challenge, technology and the use of classroom time
5. Monitoring achievement: tracking progress and approaches on inspection
6. Ideas and resources
By the end of this seminar delegates will:
- Understand the characteristics and learning needs of more able pupils
- Be able to tailor teaching and lesson planning to the capabilities of the more able
- Be aware of a range of approaches to enliven and accelerate learning for more able pupils
- Know how policy is developing nationally and how ISI inspects provision for the able, gifted and talented
- Understand how to lead improvement in your school’s provision for these pupils
- Location: ISIC Training Centre, 1st Floor, CAP House, 9-12 Long Lane, London EC1A 9HA.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- You will receive joining instructions and details of what to bring one week before the seminar date.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Please note that if any of the seminars are full you can still be added to the Waiting List by completing the booking process (you won’t be charged) and selecting the ‘Add to waiting list’ option.
"A well-paced session throughout the day. I enjoyed listening to other teacher’s ideas and to what they are doing in their own schools. Thank you."
- Delegate, 10th March 2020
To enquire about running this seminar in your school please e-mail email@example.com