A practical one-day seminar on the value of self-evaluation in the context of school improvement and the inspection process. We look at the use of self-evaluation as a management tool for gaining a realistic understanding of a school‘s strengths and areas for development, in seeking to strengthen performance across all aspects of provision. We explore useful activities and sources of information for effective self-evaluation, and how the process can be meaningfully extended to all members of the school community. You will learn about the cycle of reflection, planning, action and review, the importance of key criteria and resources for measuring progress, and practical approaches to forming judgements. Essential training for schools on the most effective practice for driving improvement, for promoting positive personal and educational outcomes for your pupils.
Suitable for: Heads and Deputies, this seminar relates to the ISSR’s and EQI Framework.
1. The purposes of self-evaluation
2. Organizing the process
3. Making judgements
4. Building on outcomes
By the end of this seminar delegates will:
- Appreciate the purposes of self-evaluation
- Understand processes for effective self-evaluation
- Recognise how self-evaluation informs inspection
- Understand how to make accurate judgements
- Identify how self-evaluation feeds into school improvement
- Location: ISIC Training Centre, 1st Floor, CAP House, 9-12 Long Lane, London EC1A 9HA.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- You will receive joining instructions and details of what to bring one week before the seminar date.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Please note that if any of the seminars are full you can still be added to the Waiting List by completing the booking process (you won’t be charged) and selecting the ‘Add to waiting list’ option.
"The session was very useful and has helped to clarify our next steps as a school. The consultant was highly informed and offered lots of useful advice."
- Delegate 25th February 2020
To enquire about running this seminar in your school please e-mail email@example.com