This one-day seminar covers the fundamentals of Health and Safety in Schools, exploring the regulatory requirements for the independent sector in this important area. We look at key aspects of Health and Safety policy and implementation, and provide informative guidance on best practice. You’ll learn about preparing the necessary evidence for your school’s next ISI compliance inspection, with close reference to the relevant regulations and statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education. Essential training for schools in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils.
Suitable for: All those involved with managing health and safety in schools, this seminar relates to paragraph 3 of the ISSR.
1. The inspection of Health and Safety
2. Policies in detail 1 and 2
3. Premises and accommodation
4. Management of Health and Safety
5. Further help and information
By the end of this seminar delegates will:
- Be aware of the Health and Safety requirements of the Independent School Standards Regulations
- Have a secure grasp of ISI’s expectations and approach to inspecting the effectiveness of schools’ management of Health and Safety, including the related policies
- Understand the practicalities of Health and Safety in Schools
- Understand where to go for support
- Location: ISIC Training Centre, 1st Floor, CAP House, 9-12 Long Lane, London EC1A 9HA.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- You will receive joining instructions and details of what to bring one week before the seminar date.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Please note that if any of the seminars are full you can still be added to the Waiting List by completing the booking process (you won’t be charged) and selecting the ‘Add to waiting list’ option.
"The consultant was extremely knowledgeable on the subject matter and impacted that knowledge in a very engaging and digestive fashion"
- Delegate, 28th January 2020
To enquire about running this seminar in your school please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org