A half-day seminar offering clarity into the increasingly complex requirements around the safer recruitment of staff and volunteers. This seminar will provide delegates with an understanding of the regulatory requirements relating to vetting checks and provide a toolkit to identify what is needed to achieve compliance. There will be time to reflect and consider any particular issues of concern around the safer recruitment of staff and volunteers.
Suitable for: Heads, senior leaders, designated safeguarding governors and any staff involved in managing the recruitment process, this seminar relates to Paragraph 4 of the ISSR.
1. To understand the format of the Single Central Register (SCR)
2. Understand the building blocks for completing it
- Who must be on the SCR? (types of workers)
- How to recognise the type of worker
- The checks
- Regulated activity
- Putting it together: who and what has to be on the register?
- ISI approach to known anomalies
By the end of this seminar delegates will:
- Be familiar with the legal requirements of the standards contained in Part 4 – Suitability of Staff, Supply Staff and Proprietors of the ISSRs
- Have the skills to determine the vetting checks required for all members of the school community
- Appreciate what inspectors are looking for and how they will ascertain compliance when examining the Single Central Register
- Location: ISIC Training Centre, 1st Floor, CAP House, 9-12 Long Lane, London EC1A 9HA.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- You will receive joining instructions and details of what to bring one week before the seminar date.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Please note that if any of the seminars are full you can still be added to the Waiting List by completing the booking process (you won’t be charged) and selecting the ‘Add to waiting list’ option.
“Excellent. Clear coverage of the relevant regulations"
- Delegate 4th November 2019
To enquire about running this seminar in your school please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org