This three-hour seminar includes several examples of pupils’ progress as demonstrated through lessons, data, and written work. It explores some key educational quality inspection (EQI) grade descriptors and discusses how schools might identify and present evidence of pupils’ progress to inspection teams, including through the use of the self-evaluation form (SEF). The webinar is designed to give delegates the opportunity to ask questions about how pupils’ progress can be evaluated and evidenced, including during an educational quality inspection.
Suitable for: Headteachers, academic seminar leaders, heads of department; this seminar relates to the EQI Framework.
- The use and limitations of attainment, ability and progress data;
- What written work can reveal about pupils' progress;
- Strategies to evaluate progress in lessons (including some real-life examples);
- The usefulness of comparing the progress of different ages and groups, and some issues that may arise;
- How the EQI inspection process evaluates progress and its contribution to inspection grading.
By the end of this seminar delegates will:
- Understand the use and limitation of attainment, ability and progress data;
- Evaluate progress from written work;
- Develop strategies to evaluate progress in lessons;
- Compare the progress of different ages and groups;
- Understand how the inspection process evaluates progress and it's contribution to inspection grading.
Note: Due to the Coronavirus currently seminars held at our offices have been suspended. Any seminars available to book below will be held virtually only
Please contact us directly if you would like the seminar to be delivered in your school.
- Seminars will take place via Zoom video conferencing.
- The session will open 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- You will receive joining instructions two days before the seminar with a link to enter the session and any materials required.
- Only delegates who have registered will be able to enter so please ensure e-mail addresses of the participant(s) are provided.
- Please note that if any of the seminars are full you can still be added to the Waiting List by completing the booking process (you won't be charged) and selecting the 'Add to waiting list' option.
- Location: ISIC Training Centre, 1st Floor, CAP House, 9-12 Long Lane, London EC1A 9HA.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before the seminar starts.
- You will receive joining instructions and details of what to bring one week before the seminar date.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Please note that if any of the seminars are full you can still be added to the Waiting List by completing the booking process (you won’t be charged) and selecting the ‘Add to waiting list’ option.
To enquire about running this seminar in your school please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org